Monday, December 14, 2009

Where do I belong

Tonight at North Heights, we are coming together to pray for the church. We being any age. This is not set to be a thing for Junior High only, or for High School only, or for the adult generation only. It is a thing for any age. This is hopefully going to be the start of something new. Something new to North Heights. I am praying that this is the start of a true cross-generational sense of worship. I am praying that this is something that we can just drop our expectations off at the door and worship, pray, and do ministry together.

My time lately has not been to busy. Work has been relatively slow with Christmas coming and Wednesdays being shut down for a couple weeks. I have been able to spend a lot more time thinking about where I am at in the big picture. I am trying to figure out where I, Josh Miller, belong in the big scheme of things pertaining to NH. Where does the JH ministry fall into the big picture? What can I do to equip the JH students to take on a new role and a new experience in the church? Where do I fit having a new set of eyes looking in on the church?

I think this is the biggest mystery to me. This last thought. I am very new to this church. I get the sense that most people that are at the church now have either grown up here or been here for a long time. I have been told by a few people to be bold in the things I say and to look at what is going on in NH with a critical view. Not to tear down the church but to ask why. Why are we doing things the way we are? Why is this service still happening? Why is this ministry still taking place?

This is where I find myself. I find myself trying to figure out where I belong in the big scheme of things. I find myself going to God with this. I am asking Him instead of just letting these questions in my head and letting them stay there. I am figuring out to bring these questions to God. Even though I have not really gotten an answer it is much more comforting to raise them up than to just sit on them and let them dwell in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment