Have you ever been snowboarding or skiing?
Have you ever been snowboarding or skiing out west?
Have you ever been snowboarding or skiing out west for 8 hours 2 days straight?
If you answered yes to that last question you will relate to what this post is talking about. Recently I took a trip to Utah to go snowboarding. It was amazing. The second day we got a foot of powder and it was just oh so good. We were out on the mountain for 2 straight days for about 8 hours each day. If you have never experienced this it is exhausting. Each night we came back to the house we were staying at and just crashed. Our bodies were tired, our minds were tired, and all I could do is just sit around.
The trip however was for 3 days. We had a third day to go out to the mountain. Personally I was only able to be out there for a couple hours. I knew that because I was so physically and mentally tired that if I were to stay out any longer I would probably catch an edge and kill myself. I think the biggest problem was that I was not physically preparing to be out on the mountain that long. My body's endurance was not at a place where I could handle three days of snowboarding.
This made me think about my faith. In fact I think this is such a good way to think about our faith as Christians. When we are living out our lives day to day we need to strive to constantly be seeking the Lord. If you are living and you decide to just put effort into God for 2 days 8 hours each day you are going to struggle on day number 3.
This is a very simple concept but such an important one. I think that with our faith we need to be training and working all the time at growing. I can live each day out and then if I decide to hit up the "God mountain" I will get exhausted and will not have the outcome that I previously envisoned.
I want to throw the challenge out to constantly be training in your faith. Constantly be looking for ways that you can prepare so that you will not hit the mountain that third day and feel like you are going to catch an edge because you are so exhausted.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment