Friday, February 12, 2010

I don't know what happened

I have been absent from my blog for probably close to a month now. There is a good reason for this. I signed on and none of my previous blogs were showing up. So obviously I was feeling like my deep thoughts and hard work were all for nothing. I felt as though I had no purpose anymore in this blogging world. Well I signed back in and am feeling better than ever about this!

I have been following a few blogs pretty consistently. I thought I would share them with you:

1. www.morethandodgeball.com - This is a blog written by a youth ministry guru named Josh Griffin. He is connected with Saddleback church and does High School ministry there. Griffin blogs about his ministry and random things that are helpful to other youth ministry people.

2. http://ishouldhavebeenfired.blogspot.com/ - This is written by another guru in the ministry. Tiger McCluen is a local youth ministry legend. He works at Bethel University and teaches courses that tie in with youth and ministering.

3. www.stuffchristianslike.net - SCL is my favorite that I follow. Jon Acuff writes a blog about the funny things we Christians do. It is fairly sarcastic, so if you like sarcasm or have any sense of humor I suggest you check it out. It is a twist of the popular blog called "Stuff White People Like"

4. http://olsent1.blogspot.com/ - This blog is about a man and his story. I stumbled upon it via an old Jr. High friend. It is her dad. He started out mainly writing about his experience with drugs in the 60s and 70s and has turned into how his personal faith has been formed. I dont know the guy at all but I am somehow drawn into his story. If you are going to start reading I would definitely suggest starting from post #1.

5. http://buildmomentum.blogspot.com/ - This is the last blog that I am going to write about. It is written by a new friend (the past couple months). He writes on random things that happen in his life. He finds some application for our daily lives and faith to tie into those "random things". His thoughts are deep and provoking.

I hope you can appreciate these as much as I do. More consistent blogging to follow. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment